Montreal is soon going to become the city of geeks! On March 5 and 6, the Geekfest 2011 is going to take place and Carlitos’ contraptions is going to be present. I hope to see all of you fellow geeks at our table.
What is the Montreal Geekfest?
The Montreal Geek Festival (or Geekfest) is an enjoyable festival that brings all sorts of geeks together. Non-geeks are also welcome.
The festival’s mission is to:
- Target all the different types of geeks and bring them all together.
- Teach the public about geek culture while deconstructing the stereotypes.
- Promote more specific Montreal geek festivals (Otakuthon, Worldcon, etc.);
- Promote Montreal geek conferences (Podcamp Montreal, Webcom Montréal, etc.);
- Promote Montreal geek organizations (W3Québec, Île Sans Fil, etc.).
The main goal is for all participants to have a good time and make new discoveries while enjoying the pleasant atmosphere.
What is Carlitos’ Contraptions doing at the Geekfest?
I am a geek, it is no secret, and I love geeky stuff so the Geekfest is a very good place to be for me. Beyond that, I would like to share with the Montreal community my latest developments with the Nao, some of my previous contraptions and promote my upcoming gadgets design service. See the message below form Nao 1337.
See you all at the Geekfest!